Terms And Conditions
SRS Concierge System/Website Terms And Conditions
Note: This policy is subject to change at any time. Please check all SRS Concierge Policies on a regular basis for updates.
1. Your Acceptance
By using and/or visiting this website (collectively, including all content and functionality available through the https://concierge.studentroomstay.com domain name and any country-specific domains or subdomains thereof, the StudentRoomStay Concierge (SRS Concierge) Website”, or “StudentRoomStay Concierge (SRS Concierge) System”), you signify your agreement to (1) these terms and conditions, (2) SRS Concierge’s privacy statement, found at https://srsc.studentroomstay.com/policies/privacy, Student Agreement https://srsc.studentroomstay.com/policies/srsc-guest-agreement and Host agreements at https://srsc.studentroomstay.com/policies/host-policy and incorporated here by reference. If you do not agree to any of these terms, or the SRS Concierge privacy statement, please do not use the SRS Concierge Website. Although we may attempt to notify you when major changes are made to these Terms of Service, you should periodically review the most up-to-date version. SRS Concierge may, in its sole discretion, modify or revise these Terms of Service and policies at any time, and you agree to be bound by such modifications or revisions. Nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed to confer any third-party rights or benefits.
2. SRS Concierge Website
These Terms of Service apply to all users of the SRS Concierge Website, including users who are also contributors of information, and other materials or services on the Website. The SRS Concierge Website includes all aspects of SRS Concierge, including but not limited to the SRS Concierge internal communications system.
The SRS Concierge Website may contain links to third party websites that are not owned or controlled by SRS Concierge. SRS Concierge has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party websites. In addition, SRS Concierge will not and cannot censor or edit the content of any third-party site. By using the Website, you expressly relieve SRS Concierge from any and all liability arising from your use of any third-party website.
3. SRS Concierge Accounts
In order to access the member features of the Website, you will have to create an SRS Concierge account. You may never use another’s account without permission. When creating your account, you must provide accurate and complete information. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your account, and you must keep your account password secure. You must notify SRS Concierge immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account.Although SRS Concierge will not be liable for your losses caused by any unauthorized use of your account, you may be liable for the losses of SRS Concierge or others due to such unauthorized use.
4. General Use of the Website—Permissions and Restrictions
SRS Concierge hereby grants you permission to access and use the Website as set forth in these Terms of Service, provided that:
A. You agree not to distribute in any medium any part of the Website, including but not limited to User Submissions (defined below), without SRS Concierge’s prior written authorization.
B. You agree not to alter or modify any part of the Website.
C. You agree not to use the Website for any commercial use, without the prior written authorization of SRS Concierge. Prohibited commercial uses include any of the following actions taken without SRS Concierge’s express approval:
- sale of access to the Website or its related services on another website;
- use of the Website or its related services, for the primary purpose of gaining advertising or subscription revenue;
- the sale of advertising, on the SRS Concierge website or any third-party website, targeted to the content of specific User Submissions or SRS Concierge content;
- and any use of the Website or its related that SRS Concierge finds, in its sole discretion, to use SRS Concierge’s resources or User Submissions with the effect of competing with or displacing the market for SRS Concierge, SRS Concierge content, or its User Submissions.
D. Prohibited commercial uses do not include: any use that SRS Concierge expressly authorizes in writing
E. You agree not to use or launch any automated system, including without limitation, “robots,” “spiders,” or “offline readers,” that accesses the Website in a manner that sends more request messages to the SRS Concierge servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional on-line web browser. Notwithstanding the foregoing, SRS Concierge grants the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the public site for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials. SRS Concierge reserves the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific cases. You agree not to collect or harvest any personally identifiable information, including account names, from the Website, nor to use the communication systems provided by the Website (e.g. comments, email) for any commercial solicitation purposes. You agree not to solicit, for commercial purposes, any users of the Website with respect to their User Submissions.
F. In your use of the Website, you will otherwise comply with the terms and conditions of these Terms of Service, SRS Concierge Community Guidelines, and all applicable local, national, and international laws and regulations.
G. SRS Concierge reserves the right to discontinue any aspect of the SRS Concierge Website at any time.
5. Your Use of Content on the Site
In addition to the general restrictions above, the following restrictions and conditions apply specifically to your use of content on the SRS Concierge Website.
A. The content on the SRS Concierge Website, except all User Submissions (as defined below), including without limitation, the text, software, scripts, graphics, photos, interactive features and the like (“Content”) and the trademarks, service marks and logos contained therein (“Marks”), are owned by or licensed to SRS Concierge, subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under the law. Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use only and may not be downloaded, copied, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any other purposes whatsoever without the prior written consent of the respective owners. SRS Concierge reserves all rights not expressly granted in and to the Website and the Content.
B. You may access User Submissions solely:
- for your information and personal use;
- as intended through the normal functionality of the SRS Concierge Service
C. User Feedback is made available to you solely as intended through the normal functionality of the SRS Concierge Service. User Feedback is made available “as is”, and may not be used, copied, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, downloaded, or otherwise exploited in any manner not intended by the normal functionality of the SRS Concierge Service or otherwise as prohibited under this Agreement.
D. You may access SRS Concierge Content, User Submissions and other content only as permitted under this Agreement. SRS Concierge reserves all rights not expressly granted in and to the SRS Concierge Content and the SRS Concierge Service.
E. You agree to not engage in the use, copying, or distribution of any of the Content other than expressly permitted herein, including any use, copying, or distribution of User Submissions of third parties obtained through the Website for any commercial purposes.
F. You agree not to circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the SRS Concierge Website or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on use of the SRS Concierge Website or the Content therein
G. You understand that when using the SRS Concierge Website, you will be exposed to User Submissions from a variety of sources, and you further understand and acknowledge that you may be exposed to User Submissions that are inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, and you agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against SRS Concierge with respect thereto, and agree to indemnify and hold SRS Concierge, its Owners/Operators, affiliates, and/or licensors, harmless to the fullest extent allowed by law regarding all matters related to your use of the site.
6. Your User Submissions and Conduct
- As an SRS Concierge account holder you may submit photo content and textual content identified as “public”, and collectively referred to as “User Submissions.” You understand that whether or not such User Submissions are published, SRS Concierge does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any User Submissions.
- You shall be solely responsible for your own User Submissions and the consequences of posting or publishing them. In connection with User Submissions, you affirm, represent, and/or warrant that: you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to use and authorize SRS Concierge to use all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to any and all User Submissions to enable inclusion and use of the User Submissions in the manner contemplated by the Website and these Terms of Service.
- For clarity, you retain all of your ownership rights in your User Submissions. However, by submitting User Submissions to SRS Concierge, you hereby grant SRS Concierge a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicensable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the User Submissions in connection with the SRS Concierge Website and SRS Concierge’s (and its successors’ and affiliates’) business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the SRS Concierge Website (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels. You also hereby grant each user of the SRS Concierge Website a non-exclusive license to access your User Submissions through the Website, and to use, reproduce, distribute, display and perform such User Submissions as permitted through the functionality of the Website and under these Terms of Service. The above licenses granted by you terminate within a commercially reasonable time after you remove or delete your User Submissions from the SRS Concierge Service. You understand and agree, however, that SRS Concierge may retain, but not display, distribute, or perform, server copies of User Submissions that have been removed or deleted. The above licenses granted by you in User Feedback are perpetual and irrevocable.
- In connection with User Submissions, you further agree that you will not submit material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the material and to grant SRS Concierge all of the license rights granted herein.
- You further agree that you will not, in connection with User Submissions, submit material that is contrary to applicable local, national, and international laws and regulations.
- SRS Concierge does not endorse any User Submission or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and SRS Concierge expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with User Submissions. SRS Concierge does not permit copyright infringing activities and infringement of intellectual property rights on its Website, and SRS Concierge will remove all Content and User Submissions if properly notified that such Content or User Submission infringes on another’s intellectual property rights. SRS Concierge reserves the right to remove Content and User Submissions without prior notice.
7. Account Termination Policy
- SRS Concierge will terminate a User’s access to its Website if, under appropriate circumstances, they are determined to be a repeat infringer.
- SRS Concierge reserves the right to decide whether Content or a User Submission is appropriate and complies with these Terms of Service for violations other than copyright infringement, such as, but not limited to, pornography, obscene or defamatory material, or excessive length. SRS Concierge may remove such User Submissions and/or terminate a User’s access for uploading such material in violation of these Terms of Service at any time, without prior notice and at its sole discretion.
8. Warranty Disclaimer
YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SRS Concierge WEBSITE SHALL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, SRS Concierge, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEBSITE AND YOUR USE THEREOF. SRS Concierge MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THIS SITE’S CONTENT OR THE CONTENT OF ANY SITES LINKED TO THIS SITE AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR WEBSITE, (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR WEBSITE, (IV) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR WEBSITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (V) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SRS Concierge WEBSITE. SRS Concierge DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE SRS Concierge WEBSITE OR ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE OR FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND SRS Concierge WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. AS WITH THE PURCHASE OF A PRODUCT OR SERVICE THROUGH ANY MEDIUM OR IN ANY ENVIRONMENT, YOU SHOULD USE YOUR BEST JUDGMENT AND EXERCISE CAUTION WHERE APPROPRIATE.
9. Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL SRS Concierge, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR WEBSITE, (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR WEBSITE, (IV) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE, WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR WEBSITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (V) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SRS Concierge WEBSITE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER ORNOT THE COMPANY IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. WHILE THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION, WHERE CONDITIONS, WARRANTIES OR OTHER RIGHTS ARE IMPLIED IN THIS AGREEMENT OR OTHERWISE CONFERRED BY LAW, AND IT IS NOT LAWFUL OR POSSIBLE TO EXCLUDE THEM, THEN THOSE CONDITIONS, WARRANTIES OR OTHER RIGHTS WILL (BUT ONLY TO THE EXTENT REQUIRED BY LAW) APPLY TO THIS AGREEMENT. AT THE OPTION OF SRS Concierge, OUR LIABILITY FOR BREACH OF IMPLIED CONDITIONS OR WARRANTIES IS LIMITED, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW TO, IF THE BREACH RELATES TO GOODS, (I) THE REPLACEMENT OF THE GOODS OR THE SUPPLY OF EQUIVALENT GOODS, (II) THE REPAIR OF THE GOODS, (III) THE PAYMENT OF THE COST OF REPLACING THE GOODS OR OF ACQUIRING EQUIVALENT GOODS, OR (IV) THE PAYMENT OF HAVING THE GOODS REPAIRED AND, IF THE BREACH RELATES TO SERVICES, (I) THE SUPPLY OF THE SERVICES AGAIN; OR (II) THE PAYMENT OF THE COST OF HAVING THE SERVICES SUPPLIED AGAIN.
YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT SRS Concierge SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR USER SUBMISSIONS OR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY AND THAT THE RISK OF HARM OR DAMAGE FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU.
The Website is controlled and offered by SRS Concierge from its facilities in America. Those who access or use the SRS Concierge Website from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and are responsible for compliance with local law.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless SRS Concierge, its parent corporation, officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from:
i. your use of and access to the SRS Concierge Website;
ii. your violation of any term of these Terms of Service;
iii. your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right; or
iv. any claim that one of your User Submissions caused damage to a third party. This defense and indemnification obligation will survive these Terms of Service and your use of the SRS Concierge Website.
11. Ability to Accept Terms of Service
You affirm that you are either more than 18 years of age, or an emancipated minor, or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in these Terms of Service, and to abide by and comply with these Terms of Service.
These Terms of Service, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by SRS Concierge without restriction.
You agree that:
- the SRS Concierge Website shall be deemed solely based in America; and
- the SRS Concierge Website shall be deemed a passive website that does not give rise to personal jurisdiction over SRS Concierge, either specific or general, in jurisdictions other than America. These Terms of Service shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the State of California, USA, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. Any claim or dispute between you and SRS Concierge that arises in whole or in part from the SRS Concierge Website shall be decided exclusively by a court of competent jurisdiction. These Terms of Service, together with the Privacy Notice at https://srsc.studentroomstay.com/policies/privacyand any other legal notices published by SRS Concierge on the Website, shall constitute the entire agreement between you and SRS Concierge concerning the SRS Concierge Website. If any provision of these Terms of Service is deemed invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms of Service, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any term of this Terms of Service shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term, and SRS Concierge’s failure to assert any right or provision under these Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. SRS Concierge reserves the right to amend these Terms of Service at any time and without notice, and it is your responsibility to review these Terms of Service for any changes. Your use of the SRS Concierge Website following any amendment of these Terms of Service will signify your assent to and acceptance of its revised terms. YOU AND SRS Concierge AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE SRS Concierge WEBSITE MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
Updated on August 15, 2020