FAQ’s for Partners
How StudentRoomStay Concierge (SRS Concierge) different from any other American homestay agencies?
The SRS Concierge program is based on the leading and most successful standards-based homestay programs in the world. SRS Concierge provides more than just rooms for rent; we are committed to the highest quality homestay experience for every student and are raising the standards of homestay in the USA and globally
We accomplish this goal through our proprietary processes of selecting and approving host families and matching students to the right hosts, as well as our provision of online training for hosts and students to prepare them for this unique multicultural experience.
How is SRS Concierge raising the standards of homestay in America?
We’re a little different than more direct, peer-to-peer services in that we provide a full service approach to hosting. That means that we know exactly who hosts and students are staying with and what their background is. It also means that students and hosts have our support 24 hours a day in case there is a problem or emergency. We also handle billing and most collection activities for a hassle free homestay. We provide training on cultural understanding and making international guests and our hosts comfortable. Our processes ensure we prepare hosts and students to have the best experience possible in America.
SRS Concierge also provides a comprehensive suite of services that extend to everyone affiliated with our company. Our partners, students, and hosts all have private access to an online communication portal, ensuring that we can efficiently and effectively manage the complexities of a national homestay business while adhering to our policies.
Does SRS Concierge accept students of all ages, in all types of programs?
Yes. We have programs for high school, pathway, college and university students which can be both short and long term. All new students over 18 years old who are arriving for their first term of study are recommended to spend a minimum of their first 4 weeks in a properly managed SRS Concierge homestay prior to making longer term accommodation arrangements.
What are the benefits of developing a relationship with SRS Concierge?
Educators and agents who work with SRS Concierge receive the benefits of the decades of experience, processes, and systems that our sister brands have accumulated over the years.
We understand the importance of successful homestay placements for your international students. Many students find that a homestay is the best way to achieve both language and cultural immersion as they launch their studies in America.
SRS Concierge has been acknowledged by both Government and Industry for having the appropriate standards and raising the standards of homestay in Australia and we are now implementing them within the US.
SRS Concierge has uses the HMS (Host Management System) technology originally developed by the Australian Homestay Network. This system provides private access to track your students’ progress with their applications, their homestay host matches, and their arrivals, as well as a complete history of all communications relating to their homestay experience. The system automatically makes routine email contact with the student and the host to ensure that the homestay is going smoothly. We collect feedback from students and hosts to support our continued learning philosophy
Please contact your local SRS Concierge office to discuss partnering opportunities and a non-exclusive contract with commission opportunities.
In return for the promotion of SRS Concierge Homestay to schools/agents, parents and students, partners will receive:
- Student homestay application management
- Partner relationship management
- SRS Concierge system access, support and training for Institutions and Agents
- SRS Concierge host management
- SRS Concierge homestay incident management
- SRS Concierge homestay payments management
- Provision of reports as reasonably required
- Ongoing support (including marketing) as appropriate and required
- Clearly documented policies for best practice homestay operations
What services do you provide?
Our service offerings are comprehensive and provide a compelling reason for schools and agents to work with SRS Concierge. Our program includes:
- A full-service national homestay management organization for international students and touring visitors
- A strong national network of experienced staff having placed more than 6,000 international guests students in homestays
- Safe, comfortable homestays near all major education providers throughout the USA
- Certified homestay hosts who complete thorough training and assessment in guest student care and cultural exchange
- A team of professional and dedicated staff to assist throughout the entire homestay experience and your ongoing relationship with SRS Concierge
- Secure access to our system for tracking applications, homestay details, payment histories, and more
- Airport transportation services
- Online cultural host training and testing
- Online student orientation
- 24/7 student support line
Where do you currently have homestay hosts?
We have a fast growing community of homestay hosts in many States across the country. Please contact us to discuss your specific geographical homestay requirements or visit our locations page.
What requirements does SRS Concierge hold for its hosts?
At SRS Concierge, we hold our hosts to the highest standards. Our hosts are rigorously screened including a criminal background check and they are matched carefully with each student. Hosts are expected to welcome a student warmly into their home and help them become familiar with the American lifestyle so they are successful during their time in our program. SRS Concierge host families must speak clear and correct English and are expected to provide students with
- a clean, comfortable private bedroom with place to study
- a choice of meal plans
- inclusion in host activities based on student interest
- internet access (there may be a charge depending on the household)
- information on how to access public transportation
For full details and requirements, see our SRS Concierge Host Agreement, SRS Concierge Host Family Code of Conduct and SRS Concierge Host Family Standards of Student Care.